Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Our Wedding: the Invitations

We received the official photos from our wedding a few weeks ago so I can start to write and share different aspects of our wedding with all of you! Funny enough, none of the pictures of our invitations are from our photographer, they are just from my phone and from quite a few months back. I just wanted to gather all the wedding posts and post them one after the other.



As I mentioned before, we didn't really have a theme for our wedding. We liked the wild flower look and we liked industrial feeling spaces. So for our wedding invitations, I had an idea in mind...



I absolutely loved and still love Brittany from The House That Lars Built's Scandinavian floral calendar. Having met and assisted Brittany a bit while she still lived in Copenhagen, I got in contact with her and asked if we could work something out for our wedding invitations. The hard part after that was picking fonts for the text!


Our invitations consisted of the actual invitation, a information card, and a RSVP postcard. Everything was held together with a piece of gold glitter ribbon and then sent in a black envelope. Putting the invitations together did not take as long as I thought it would. The invites and cards came cut to size so all I had to do was attach a ribbon, stamp the envelopes with our return address, and try to address the envelopes with my best handwriting.



I really can't stress enough how much easier things go when you have a clear vision in mind of how you want your wedding to look and feel. I knew Brittany's Scandinavian floral design was what I wanted, but I also explored other options on websites like Minted. I absolutely love the watercolor look, floral illustrations, and pretty calligraphy/handwriting and there are many different places that offer really great templates for invitations and are affordable.

It still makes me so happy to look at our wedding invitations. I mean, look at all those amazing flowers and those patterns! If you do to, you really need to get one of Brittany's calendars from her shop!

4 comments:

  1. I like the wedding stuff, brings back such good memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely magnificent! I love the intricately elegant designs on the card, plus the golden ribbon and black envelope make for perfect finishing touches to the classy invitation. Thank you for sharing the details of your wedding. Wishing you and your partner all the happiness!

    Faye Fowler @ Master Copy & Printing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came over your blog, and really like it :)

    I am getting merried this fall, and looking for inspiration for invitations, and really liked the size difference in yours - can you please let me know the size? What kind of paper did you use?

    Looking forward to your reply :)

    Thank you,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte,

      Thanks for your comment!

      The main invitation was A5 and the smaller information cards were A6. I don't remember exactly what paper we used. Actually, we just ordered some samples from two different printing companies and just requested that they used a thick paper, I think about 250g and up. Can't remember exactly, but just something sturdy!

      Hope this helps :)

      Delete