Sunday, September 21, 2014

Dinner at Höst

It has been a little quiet around here lately. I have been waiting until we get the professional photos from our wedding before sharing details about it. And although I was really looking forward to my internship, the first month has had its ups and downs. I'm really grateful for the experience and I am getting more responsibility and more involved so I hope the next few weeks and months will get better. Besides work, I'm seeing friends, baking, and trying to go to the gym as much as I can. So yeah! I will be writing and sharing more on here again soon, I promise!


Last night we went out to dinner at Höst to celebrate our friend R's birthday. I have been wanting to have dinner there for a long time so I was really excited when he chose Höst. I remember walking past the restaurant while it was still under construction and falling in love with its interior. We didn't get to sit in that room, but there is a room that is full of trees and branches and it is just beautiful. The interior in general is really simple and raw. Wood tables, large industrial lamps, sheepskin throws over the chairs, that sort of feel y'know?



The food there was delicious. I haven't had a bad experience at the Cofoco restaurants. (We also ate at Llama last week and that was a real fusion of flavors and cuisines. Plus the interior there is amazing! Colorful tiles, old church like rooms, crazy!) Back to Höst though, we ordered the three course menu which came with a few snacks in between courses. And instead of the wine pairing I chose to have the juice menu.


I don't know if I had a favorite course at dinner but everything was really good. I thought the scallop starter was delicious. I love seafood so this was a winner for me. There were scallops, fresh corn kernels, black trumpet mushrooms, danish plums, wild garlic, herbs and a mussel stock in this one bowl. All the flavors just complimented each other so well. I was not a huge fan of the main course, only because it was pork based and I'm not the biggest pork fan. Although I did really like the different types or methods of cooking beet root on the dish. And then there was dessert. Dessert is always, always, always my favorite course. We had a chamomile ice cream served with a pear compote with soft wheat kernels in it, a honeycomb crumble, and two different types of meringues. I really enjoyed this dessert, and they paired it really nicely with my apple and chamomile juice. I loved the different textures, from the soft wheat kernels to the cold ice cream to the crunchy meringues. Awesome! And as for my juices, I started with a seabuckthorn juice, followed by a plum juice, a blackcurrant juice and then finished with the apple chamomile one. There was a lot of juice! They were not as "crazy" or did not contain any crazy ingredients, as they could have done, but they were all lovely.

Have you eaten at Höst? What are your thoughts on it? I am thinking about where to go for my birthday dinner in December (still a ways away but it's fun to start thinking ahead!). Any suggestions? Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment