Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sweet Tooth

Have you had any sweet treats this week?


The last two weeks I have been super into having a warm bowl of oatmeal with a good dash of cinnamon, a teaspoon of vanilla scented sugar, a tablespoon of chia seeds, and lots of apple chunks for breakfast. Are you an oatmeal person? How do you eat it? The fiance eats his oatmeal uncooked with some cold milk and sugar sprinkled on top. There are so many recipes and ideas online for ways to have oatmeal in the morning but I like to stick to my usual combo.



Remember how I mentioned having a scone at Strangas last Sunday when I was there for a macaron course? Well, I've still been dreaming of scones. A warm blueberry lemon scone would be perfect for this sunny spring day!



We received a Smartbox for a sweet treat this week from some friends of ours. Since the gift card was expiring this weekend, we had to use it! There are several places you can choose to redeem your gift card at. For example, you can have cake and macarons at Strangas, you can have cupcakes at Serenity in the city, or you could try a mix of baked treats and meringues from Dessertdragen. Since I've already tried most things at Strangas, the fiance and I decided to order a box of treats from Dessertdragen. I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious their berry tarts, brownies, and shortbread cookies were. Their meringues though were by far my favorite. They were amazing! They tasted like chocolate chip cookie dough in a meringue form. I'm already thinking about how I can recreate them at home! By the way, we didn't eat everything in one sitting, we actually spread all of the treats out over three nights!


Another day, another ice cream. My friend S and I went to Social Food in Frederiksberg yesterday for some ice cream. Wow. Their vanilla bean ice cream was phenomenal! Seriously. I normally try to taste more "exciting" flavors when I have ice cream out, but this vanilla bean ice cream just looked too good to resist.

And now it is the weekend! Any sweet plans for this last weekend in March?

No comments:

Post a Comment