Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Spiced Pears and Pomegranate

I found this spiced pears and pomegranate recipe on the weekend and the fiance and I are loving it. The fiance likes it so much he said we could serve it for dessert at our wedding. I said no. Not because I don't like it, it's just that it feels more like a fall (winter) dessert to me. It is super tasty and we've had it for dessert the past two nights and I saved some for my breakfast this morning too! I mean, it's so healthy I had this for breakfast. Pears, pomegranate, a little bit of brown sugar and spices. What more could you want? This recipe is fresh, simple, and just down right delicious!



Spiced Pears and Pomegranate (Adapted from All Recipes)
Recipe says 4 servings but I would say more like 2 and a half 

4 conference pears, peeled, cored and chopped into bite size pieces
1/3 to 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 to 1 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp nutmeg (I cut down from the 1/4 tsp the recipe suggested because it is such a strong spice)
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Place the pear chunks and pomegranate seeds in a medium sized bowl. Pour lemon juice into the bowl and toss the fruit to coat it. Combine the brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a separate bowl and then mix it into the fruit. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving so that the flavors can blend.

I chose to serve the spiced pears and pomegranate with skyr and I think it would taste amazing with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream as well!

I hope that you will like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment