Saturday, November 30, 2013

Birthday Weekend


I am turning 25 on Sunday and I don't really know how I feel about that ha! I am not exactly happy about getting older but I am really happy about where I am now. I am so incredibly thankful for my family who continues to support me in every way while we are thousands of miles apart. I wouldn't have been able to pursue my Master's or be able to live here in Copenhagen if it weren't for my parents. The older you get, the more you realize how great your parents and siblings are. The things you don't realize when you are a teenager! Some things just come with age?! Sometimes I'm like "I'm not actually that old"! I always thought I would already have worked for a few years at 25 but then again, I just finished school a year and a half ago so I'm not so far behind. I did always hope to get married at 25 and well, that's happening! So I'm partially on track with where I had envisioned myself a few years ago.

So, birthday weekend! The fiance and I invited a few of his good friends over for some cocktails, cake, and Citadels tonight. We're going to have a cake that he is baking! It was one of my birthday wishes and I'm really looking forward to it! And then on Sunday morning, the day of my actual birthday, we've invited a few of my girlfriends over for brunch. There will be champagne, fresh bread, my spiced pear and pomegranate fruit salad, a frittata, bacon, potatoes, and a crepe cake! I've been running around to three different grocery stores the last few days and I still need to pick up some things later today in the city, birthdays are a lot of work! But I am really looking forward to everything, I mean I woke up today at 6am all excited! For today, I'll enjoy my last day of being 24!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Photo credits: candles

No comments:

Post a Comment