Thursday, October 31, 2013

Brownies for Everyone!



I can't believe I haven't shared a brownie recipe on here yet! Well, you are in for a real treat because this brownie is delicious and it is gluten free! I know the pictures of the brownies don't look amazing, but they are. Trust me on this one! I have made this a handful of times now and it is fudgy, rich, and all of my gluten free friends can enjoy it. The recipe is quite similar to my other favorite brownie recipe except that you use almond flour instead of regular all purpose flour.



I made a batch of these brownies last week for our housewarming and I never took a piece for myself. (I also made these devil's food chocolate cupcakes topped with chocolate cloud frosting and a tray of banana milk chocolate blondies.) Writing this now makes me wish I had! If you're looking for a great brownie recipe or want to try something different than your usual go-to, give this one a try!



Almond Flour Brownies (slightly adapted from Tracey's Culinary Adventures)
Fills 1 8x8 baking pan, 16 pieces when sliced

1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter
5 oz (140g) bittersweet chocolate, 70% cocoa solids and up
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp instant coffee
3 large eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup almond flour

Preheat oven to 350F or 170C. Line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or grease it well.

Chop up 5 oz or 140g worth of bittersweet chocolate and place it in a small pot along with the butter. Melt on a low heat and stir to combine the chocolate and butter. When the chocolate and butter has completely melted and the mixture is smooth, take it off the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder and the instant coffee. Set this mixture aside to cool slightly.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until combined. Add the slightly cooled chocolate mixture to the whisked eggs and stir until combined. Finally, stir in the almond flour with a rubber spatula until just incorporated.

Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes. (I usually take them out at 25.) You can test if the brownies are ready by sticking a toothpick in the center, but unlike baking cakes, you actually want some moist crumbs to stick to the toothpick. Watch the time and don't over bake them! Let the brownies completely cool in the pan before slicing them.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment