Sunday, September 8, 2013

New Favorite Snack: Brussels Sprout Chips


So who would have thought that I would ever start to love brussels sprouts. Certainly not me! I have never really been a fan of them and have been able to generally avoid them for most of my life. The boyfriend does like brussels sprouts but we don't buy it ever and the ones at the grocery store close to us really aren't that nice looking. 

I saw this recipe for brussels sprout chips a long time ago and when I spotted some sprouts at Torvehallerne this week, I brought some home. Since then, we've made and eaten three batches of brussels sprout chips. They are so amazing. A M A Z I N G! I just cannot emphasize it enough. Go find yourself some nice looking sprouts and make these!

Brussels Sprout Chips (barely adapted from A Beautiful Mess)
Makes as much as you want to make!

Brussels sprouts
A splash of olive oil
A pinch of sea salt
Some lemon

Preheat the oven to 200C or 400F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Trim the ends of the brussels sprouts off and separate the leaves. (Throw away any wilty looking leaves.) We kept the very insides of the brussels sprouts, quartered them, and let them roast with the rest of the leaves. Wash and dry the leaves before drizzling a little bit of olive oil over them. Throw a little pinch of salt in with the brussels sprout leaves and give them a good toss. Place the leaves in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges begin to get crispy. Remove from the oven and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the chips and go crazy! 

3 comments:

  1. I made this tonight and it was really good! -Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you liked it :) I'm out of sprouts but totally feel like making some more! I may have to go to the grocery store later today!

      Delete
    2. Or you can always go back to Torvehallerne!? ;-) I might leave it in the over for a longer time next time because I like the chips crispier.

      Delete