Monday, January 28, 2013

Semlor, My Little Loves


On Saturday, the boyfriend and I spent the day in Lund. We had fika with our friend N at my favorite fika spot, St Jakobs Stenugnsbageri, and then we had a drink at Mat och Destillat with Y in the afternoon.



And as I mentioned before, my favorite thing about Sweden is their wonderful buns associated with different seasons. And now that Christmas and lussekatters are out, it is time for semlors!


Semlors were traditionally eaten as a treat before Lent, but now they are eaten up until Easter. I am planning on making my own semlor soon, but just so you get an idea of what they are, they are scooped out cardamom buns, filled with almond paste and whipped cream, and then the top of the buns is placed back on top with a sprinkle of icing sugar.

I love these delicious little buns!

No comments:

Post a Comment