Saturday, December 8, 2012

Colorful Cubes

I was given some small wooden cubes this week and I thought about what I could do with them. Initially I thought I could make little stamps, but as I thought about it some more, I thought I could make a little set of alphabet blocks, and then I came across this Etsy post on colorful cubes and I was sold.



This is a really simple craft project. You just need some wooden cubes in whatever size you'd like, some acrylic paint, a paintbrush, and some masking tape. Stick a piece of tape diagonally across one side of the cube. Put on 2 coats of paint and let dry. Remove tape and repeat the two steps if you would like to paint the other side of surface, if not, that's it!



I like the bright colors and it is a fun whimsical thing to leave out on the coffee table and play with. I am planning on putting letters on the opposite side of the cube as well so I can still have a little set of alphabet blocks. I love simple projects and I find crafting and little projects like this are really relaxing.

The boyfriend and I were out doing some Christmas shopping today but a snowstorm is supposed to hit Copenhagen tomorrow so we'll probably stay in most of the day. Sounds like it might be a good day to stay in and make some lussekatter and watch some movies! We've also been eating like 10 clementines a day, we're sort of addicted (there are some really good deals for clementines at Torvehallerne, that's where we've been going for them)! Happy Weekend!

1 comment: