Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Advent Sunday's


Advent was never a really big deal for us in my family. We maybe had a chocolate calendar every now and then but that was about it. Last year, the boyfriend's mom bought us presents to open on the four Sunday's leading up to Christmas day. The boyfriend and I also had the calendar candles where we would burn off a little bit each day until Christmas. Since I made the advent wreath this year, we decided to not get a calendar candle, although now I'm wishing we hadn't skipped it!


Rather than preparing something for the 24 days leading up to Christmas, we decided to do something special for the advent Sunday's. The boyfriend and I get to open little presents from each other the four Sunday's. As we are trading little gifts, I thought making a advent calendar gift bag would be practical as it would store the gifts we have prepared. This advent calendar bag is ridiculously easy. I just bought a large paper gift bag and used white craft paint to paint the numbers on. I wanted the numbers to get bigger closer to Christmas day so I gradually increased the size of the numbers with each row. And there you have it! My 5 minute advent calendar! We're also watching a Christmas movie every Sunday night until Christmas. We started with Elf this past Sunday and we're open to suggestions for other holiday movies! 



The first present I got from the boyfriend this week were some gold scissors that I've been wanting from Hay for a very long time now. I like weird things, I know! But I love the scissors and am looking forward to using it! 

Do you celebrate advent? I would love to hear what some of your Christmas traditions are! 

1 comment: