Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Christmas Stars



Rather than decorating and setting up for Christmas all in a day, I have decided to slowly craft and decorate my way to Christmas. I wanted to pick up some more traditional Danish Christmas traditions so I bought some strips of silver paper to fold paper stars, or julestjerne in Danish. 



I started making my first star last Thursday late in the evening and the instructions that came with my packet of silver paper were not very clear. So I turned to good ol' youtube and found a great video that you can find here. However, the video is in Danish so that may not be of much help to some of you. (I had the boyfriend translate the whole thing step by step.) There is also a step-by-step tutorial on A Subtle Revelry but I have not tried making stars with their method yet, but they do look the same when they are finished so I'm sure it works just as well. It took me two hours to complete my first star but now that I've gotten the hang of it, I am hooked. We are not getting a tree this year so rather than hanging the paper stars on a tree, I am planning on hanging some of them in the window and placing others along the windowsill as decoration. But until I get to putting them up, they are sitting pretty in a little bowl. 



Are there any crafts that you like to make around Christmas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment