Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cloud Frosting


Another classic cupcake, chocolate on chocolate! I am still loving Sweetapolita's Classic One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes as it is so easy (and quick) to make and it is moist and has the light texture that I love. As I have had success with a few of Sweetapolita's recipes already, I paired the chocolate cupcake with her Chocolate Cloud Frosting. The Chocolate Cloud Frosting is light and airy and uses melted dark chocolate rather than cocoa powder. It only takes a few minutes to whip up this frosting and it is delicious! The recipe for Classic (One Bowl) Chocolate Cupcakes can be found on my first cupcake post here, and now for the frosting...

Chocolate Cloud Frosting (adapted from Sweetapolita) 
Enough to generously frost 12 cupcakes

1 cup unsalted butter, softened but still cool
11/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate (70% cacao and up), melted (over a double broiler) and cooled slightly 
1 tbsp milk
a pinch of salt

Combine butter and icing sugar and beat on low speed for about 1 minute.

Add vanilla and beat mixture on low speed until combined. Gradually add the melted and slightly cooled chocolate and beat on medium speed until smooth (about 2 minutes). 

Add the milk and a pinch of salt and beat on high speed for another minute. (If the frosting is too thick, feel free to add a bit more milk and beat until combined and smooth.) And that's it! 


This week I went to Special Købmand and bought a few baking supplies. I bought a icing spatula as well as a new extra large round piping tip which I'm hoping to use soon! I'm looking to try a new vanilla cupcake recipe in the next few days and if all goes well, I will definitely post the recipe here! But for now, I must get to my Danish homework before bed! 

Happy Tuesday! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture! Liking the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I need a new camera one of these days though...too many scratch marks on the lens!

      Delete