Saturday, July 21, 2012

MT Love


It is no secret to my friends and family that I L O V E masking tape (MT)/washi tape. Whenever someone tells me "I got you a present", my first response is, "Is it tape?!". I bought my first rolls of this wonderful tape last summer and have been adding to my collection ever since. Really, this is just colorful masking tape but you can use it in so many ways. Check out my MT Love board on Pinterest for some ideas as to how you can use tape!


I use MT a lot for making and decorating cards and envelopes. I made a birthday card last night and an everyday card to send to some friends in the next few months. The birthday cake is inspired by Omiyage. I have made a cupcake card and a few birthday cake cards now and it is such an easy way to send someone a handmade and personalized card. With the "du har det dejligste smil i verden" (you have the prettiest smile in the world) card, I just cut the quote out from a free postcard you can find all around Copenhagen and used layers of tape to attach it to the white cardstock I have. Easy peasy.

The boyfriend and I are also currently on the hunt for some photographs or nice prints to place in some new picture frames we bought to hang in the apartment and as we don't have anything right now, this will have to do for the next little while!








Go out and get some mt tape and see what you can do with it! And if you have a growing tape collection like me, I'd love to hear how you use it and any ideas or suggestions you may have!

Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love you, Karen. And love your love of MT!
    Let's have a craft Skype session together sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete